Thursday, October 01, 2009

Halloween Advent Calendar

I was searching the web about a week ago with my SIL gathering ideas for our annual Halloween party. As we were searching, I came across this idea for making a Halloween advent Calendar. I loved it!! It was so dang cute and I so wanted to make one. I started collecting the boxes and painting. I didn't realize I wasn't so good at painting until I got the boxes in the house and saw brown on sides or fingerprint marks where I had moved it around and smudged the paint. I finally got the painted right and started decorating! I love em!! I have been having so much fun with it. I can't wait to get them all filled with fun treats and things to do. I didn't know what I could put them on, the boxes were bigger all together then I expected. I knew I didn't want to paint our biggest cookie sheet, cause we really like it and use it tons. I was walking past the fridge and "ding" a lightbulb went on. So, our calendar is on our fridge. The black boxes stand out so nicely on the white fridge!! I don't have all of my boxes finished, but I am working on that have 15 of them up. I am going to get the others finished up tonight and tomorrow night. Lovin it!

Today, being the 1st, they are going to get a candy and a mini card that says we get to decorate for Halloween. We are going to put out the few decorations I have and then rake leaves to fill some pumpkins. But before we fill the bags, we are going to have a leaf pile treasure hunt!! I'm going to hide goodies and let the kiddos try to find them. It is going to be so much fun!! I can't wait lol.

1 comment:

April said...

That is a fantastic idea!!!:)