Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Quilting

Every year, the square dancing club we joined has a huge fun fest. They ask for donations from each couple for the country store that they have. It is their way to raise money for the year. I decided that I wanted to make a quilt. A very dear friend, Shelly, taught me how to make a rag quilt so I decided to go with that one. I bought the material on Sunday, after church, so I could get it made by Thursday. I got almost everything cut out Sunday. I worked on it Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to get it all assembled and ready. I was still trying to get the edging around it when I should have been leaving tonight to go drop it off. I made it in time and they decided to use it in their silent auction. It made me feel good that because they all seemed to really like it. I really liked it too! Adam told me that he didn't want me to donate it because he wanted it here. I plan on making another one for us soon! I love how the pieces go diagonally across the quilt.
I love quilting. I really enjoyed this, even though it was a long process. I love the finished result and I love quilts. I have one that my grandma made and one from my great-grandma. I love them!! I have always loved having a quilt to wrap up in and I'm going to be making a few more with the material that I have here. I am going to have my grandma show me some more ways to make the quilt so I can have different varieties around. They will go awesome with the quilt rack that I found at a resale shop!! Hope everyone is doing good!



3 comments:

Shelly M. said...

That is super cute, Beka! Great job!!!

I need to start crafting again. I haven't really done anything in months.

Heather said...

You're so awesome. Quilting after church? What is this? lol j/k You did a good job. Can anyone say ebay??? lol

Kimberly said...

That's awesome Beka! I've so been wanting to learn to make a quilt!