Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Weight Watchers and a Bit More

I have been wanting to join Weight Watchers for a while. At least once a month, I looked at the site and contemplated joining. I love the idea of tracking my food intake and pretty much everything about the program. LOL. So at the end of last month, Adam and I were talking again about how much I wanted to do it. So he said, "Go for it!" I went online that night and signed up. I love it!! I thought that I would like it, but I didn't expect me to love it. I am diligent about tracking my food, drinking more water, and taking my vitamin. I am totally loving this. I went to my first meeting last Saturday, and then my second one last night. I did awesome!! I had told myself that I would be happy if I lost 2 lbs, but I lost more then twice that!!! It feels great. I have more energy, and I just feel better. I know it isn't because I lost that weight, it is because I have been eating better and drinking water. This week the goal is to get more active, so I'm starting the morning off right by walking on the treadmill. I'll post little updates on my progress as the weeks go by. I hope to be able to lose about 2 lbs a week, so we will see.
On Sunday, March 28, I was coming home from my cousin's ward and hit a dog. It was a huge brown lab, and it caused me to swerve off the road. I flew through the ditch and managed to get back to the edge of the road. I was so scared. Kameron and Kaydence were with me. Several cars pulled over, and once they saw we were okay, they went on. One truck waited with me. When they got out of the car, he told me that he was shocked we didn't flip the car. I couldn't imagine flipping in our little car. We had to take the car to the shop, where it still is getting fixed. It caused over 3,000 bucks in damage. Thank goodness for insurance! We are all okay, Kameron and I had a little seat belt burn, but nothing major. We know that we were being watched over, and I am so thankful for that. Hopefully my car will be ready soon, it's been a week and a half.
We bought a new couch, well, new to us. We found it on Craigslist. It is a cream colored, leather sectional with two reclining chairs, a pull-out bed, and a chaise. Let me tell you, we bought a ccccoooouuuucccchhhh. This thing is huge. It filled up a 16 foot trailer. Packed it tight. Adam can lay at one end, I can match up my feet and lay on the other end. That doesn't include the two recliners or half of the chaise. It is awesome. At first, we worried that it would be too big, but it is perfect now. We absolutely love it. We got the best deal ever for it. The people said that they paid 7,000 bucks when they bought it, which I can totally believe.
My camera is full, so I've got to clear it so I can take some pictures, and I will post them when I can.
Hope everyone is doing good. Be safe driving, I have some close friends who have been in an accident lately and my heart goes out to them. Hope everyone is fairing well during these troubling times, pay attention to things around you, and do your best to plan for an emergency. Try to stock some extras of things you use a lot, and have plenty of water. Until next time........

2 comments:

April said...

Congrats on joining Weight Watchers! That is SO awesome. I have ben eating a lot better lately too and I do have way more energy and feel better. Keep up the great work.

The accident is so scary. I am so glad you are all ok.

Congrats on your couch. I would love to see pics soon. It always feels so good to get a piece of furniture that you love.:)

Shelly M. said...

I absolutely swear by Weight Watchers! I love the program and it works!

Sounds like you were also being watched over in that accident. I am so glad everyone is ok. I firmly believe seatbelts save lives!

The couch sounds really nice. Can't wait to see pictures.