Thursday, May 15, 2008

In My Arms

When I was pregnant with Kaydence, I was babysitting while Adam was finishing school. The little boy that I babysat went to sleep on his own. No rocking, no holding, just lay him in is crib and he goes to sleep. Kameron is so not like that. So I decided that I wanted to try to have Kaydence be like that. I didn't know that it would come with such a high price. I never get to cuddle her. She hates with a passion for me to hold her in my arms. The only time I hold her, is when I'm feeding her, which is only for like 10 minutes a few times a day. I got what I wanted though, she sleeps in her room, every night, without falling asleep with aid. She will just latch onto her blanket, like her life depended on her not letting go, and falls asleep. But, the other night, we were leaving my mom's house. Kaydence had went to bed hours before we were ready to leave, it was like 11 when we decided to head out. She was so out of it asleep. When I picked her up, she snuggled right up to me and kept sleeping. It made my heart melt. It brought tears to my eyes and just gave me warm fuzzies. I sat down with her for a while and Adam came back in looking for me. He went and got the camera and snapped a few pictures. It will be a wonderful memory for me, getting to hold her in my arms.

5 comments:

Shelly M. said...

What a sweet Mother's Day present to you! Cute pics!

Kristen Eakes said...

Oh my gosh she is so precious. Evelyn is like that too.. Dont hold me dont cuddle... She likes her space. When she does let me cuddle.. I eat that up... I hold her for hours when i get the chance. LOVE YOU

April said...

How incredibly sweet. I miss that SO much. My son only does that when he is sick and I still cherish the few times it happens. That is such a sweet and innocent time. Great pics and a great memory for both of you. :)

Unknown said...

that is so sweet!! i cant wait to see you!

Lorie said...

Aww thats sweet! I know she doesn't like it when she's sleeping but you can't put her down when she's awake. LOL