Sunday, May 04, 2008

Silence

From about 2:30 today until 4:45, I had silence. Adam, Kameron and Kaydence were all sleeping. It was so relaxing and nice! I finished a book, cleaned the kitchen up and just relaxed. I feel very calm and relaxed. I know I keep saying that, but it describes my mood perfectly. It was nice to have some time to myself without having to leave, or the kiddos being gone. I never get Kameron and Kaydence to nap together, so this was a nice treat.
The book that I read was the first one in a series of like 5 I think. It was really good, emotional, but good. I can't wait to start the other ones. I got them all last night from my mom. I love reading, it is such a wonderful thing. If I didn't read, I don't know what I would do. I'm so glad that Kameron loves books too. I hope that as he gets older, he will love reading. It is so good for you. It expands your vocabulary and just makes you smarter! There is so much that you can learn from books. I hope to pass on my love of reading to both of my kiddos!!

3 comments:

Kristen Eakes said...

I had some silence today too. I went to the Grocery Store alone. It was the frist time in a month I felt like a Sane grown up. lol :)

I love books to - Kate as well. I never seem to find the time to read anymore though.

April said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a little time to relax? I love it when that happens. I think it is great that you all love to read so much. :)

Lorie said...

Happy you had some quite time! Not me! There was my hacking cough along with a playing husband and child. Made me wanna cry!

Im sure the kids will love to read. They have their papaw in them, they'll love to read!