Sunday, April 06, 2008

Swingset

Man, getting this thing up was a mission. It was three huge boxes that we had to unpack and sort and prelabel so the assembly would go faster. I then worked on getting the slide put together, a super pain, made the stairs and the rock wall. We worked on getting the frame together and moved it to the site where we were gonna keep it. That was it for that day. A few days later, my dad came over to help and that was the day that pretty much everything got put together. We worked until it was dark and then called it quits for the day. The final day of the project was basically just getting everything together. Securing the slide and stairs on, hooking up the swing part, putting the railings up. Simple things like that. Here is what it looks like complete,

I am super happy with it and the kiddos love it. I want to build an extra section to add the baby swing so everybody can swing at the same time. The only place that sells cedar around here is like almost an hour away so we haven't gotten the rest of the cedar.

4 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

looks great! we love ours!

April said...

WOW!! That is a kids paradise!! I bet Kameron is going crazy out there.:)

Shelly M. said...

I still can't believe you did most of it by yourself. Lauren sure did enjoy playing on it.

Kristen Eakes said...

Ohh my that looks like a Pain in the butt!

I keep having dreams about your dad (3rd night in a row) Seeing him in the pictures reminded me of that.. lol