Friday, July 04, 2008

Freedom

Freedom is something that I take for granted. I drive my car whenever I want, go where I want and have to ability to say what I want without worry. I might offend someone, but I won't be arrested or shot. I can worship how I choose, I can listen to what I want and not be questioned. I can vote in elections to change the things that I feel are wrong. I can vote for the leader of this country. I can pray for them and for leaders of this state and this city. Freedom is a pretty amazing thing with you think about it. I am so thankful to be living in America. I know that they country is so torn up and divided right now, with the election looming around the corner, but, there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be. I'm blessed with a beautiful family, a loving husband, two wonderful children, parents who would do anything for me, sisters who I would do anything for, brothers who I've always wanted, two beautiful nieces who help compete my life, a wonderful home that isn't always cleaned and maintained right, land to let my kids play on, neighbors who actually care, friends who I couldn't live without, the soldiers who are fighting to help keep me free. I take for granted all the precious things that so many others have to live without. I am so blessed. There is no other land better then America, even with all of her faults. I want this next year to be better spent being more thankful for the freedom we have and for the lives that are put on the line to protect it. I want to show my patriotism more and be prouder to be an American. I want to teach my children the importance of our flag, what it stands for and how it will always be a symbol of freedom. I want them to respect it and know the Pledge of Allegiance. Not just be able to recite it, but to understand what it is telling them. We are putting up a flag in our yard to symbolise our freedom and to show our appreciation for our troops, our president and our founding fathers. I am proud to be an American, I wouldn't want it any other way. Celebrate this day and remember what it is about...Freedom!!!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Love this post! Such good points. Freedom is something that we take for granted. I know I do. Today we have been celebrating in little ways but I want to teach our kids the importance of our flag too. Happy 4th!! Hope you guys have a great day!!