Monday, July 21, 2008

This Past Weekend

Wow, what a weekend. Friday was Lisa's Birthday and Saturday was Adam's Birthday. On Friday, me and the kiddos baked Adam a cake and took it up to his station along with some balloons! We had dinner with him and all the guys and then headed back to my mother's house to spend the night. Saturday went good, with Adam coming over in the afternoon to hang out for a while before he had to go back to work to help out another guy. Lisa, Marc and the baby came over to celebrate birthdays. We cooked a huge dinner and played some games. Saturday night, I started feeling bad and it just seemed to get worse. I was pucking and miserable and laying out on the couch. Luckily I was at mom's and she was able to help with the kiddos. Sunday found me feeling better and I was excited about it because it was finally Amber's baby shower!! We were getting ready and got a phone call. One of my friends from high school, his wife died. They don't even know what happened yet. They are running reports and will know more details in a few days. So, that was hard. I went to the shower and got to spend some time with Amber, I was so excited to give her the gifts that I made for her. I think she really liked them. I don't think I got a picture of the blanket, but I took some photos of the scrapbook pages I made for her.


It was great and she got a ton of stuff, she should be pretty close to set!! Then, I headed over to my friend's mom's house to try to be of some comfort, but how do you comfort someone who just lost their wife??? I hate seeing a man cry and it just tore at my heart strings :( We ended up leaving really late so I just spent the night again at my mom's. Today, nothing much is going on. Adam was up all night, so he is still snoozing and Kaydence is napping too. Kameron is tired, so I turned him on some cartoons in our room so he could relax and probably fall asleep. This week we are going to go to the beach and going to do a few other things as a family since Adam has the full week off, so excited!!!

2 comments:

April said...

So sorry about your friends wife. That is so sad. Glad you got to celebrate the birthdays in a good way though.

Have fun with all of your family time.:)

Heather said...

I didn't even know it was Adams Birthday! I am such a BAD friend! Happy late Birthday to Adam. lol I am sooo sorry about your friends wife! There is absolutely nothing you can really say to help. Just be there and listen. Also your scrapbooking pages are awesome. So jeleous. As usual. Why don't I just drop some pics off and you can have at it!? lol j/k