Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not to Toot my Own Horn, But.....

Man, yesterday I felt so dang good. I went up to the college (what???) to find about about testing for college level placement for some classes I am gong to take. I stood in about 4 lines before I found the one that I needed to actually be in. I went upstairs to test after I paid them my money so I could take a test. Doesn't that suck, I had to pay to take a test. Depressing almost. Anyways, I finished the answer portion and only had my essay left. I took a break, since they offered me one and came back to start the essay. The topic was over one that I could actually relate to and so that made it so much better. I finished up and headed over to get my results. Yeah, they print out as soon as I hit submit, so they were with the front desk before I made it up there. There were multiple people watching the students and one walks over to me with my scores. I asked her if I passed and she said, "Honey, you did awesome, I've never seen an 8 on an essay." She pats me on the back and both of the ladies are standing there smiling at me. Kinda weird, but she proceeds to tell me that I need to go down stairs to meet with an advisor. So, back down stairs for another line. This one took like 30 minutes. It's my turn so I show the lady my test results and ask her what, "This score is out of range, Please check with your advisor" means. She looks at it for a while and says, that is really good, I've never even seen an 8. Apparently, 8 is the highest you can get and it was a high enough level 8 that it was putting me out of the range of actually having an 8, Make sense??? We start trying to register me for some classes and she shows someone else. A loud someone else. He says, "Where is this genius, I want to meet them?" I'm beet red now, with all of these other people in the stupid office looking at me. He comes over, shakes my hand and asked if I really got an 8 in 26 minutes. I tell him yes sir and he said, "Amazing. Did you show Tom?" No, she hadn't showed Tom, but she sure would. Off she runs to find this Tom guy and show him my results. He proceeds to tell me that I should frame them and maybe play the lottery. Really now, frame some results from a test. I hurried up and got out of there because I was embarrassed. When I was in the car, it hit me, man they made me feel good. I felt like I was on cloud nine, it was great. Okay, enough with my story, I was just so proud of myself and wanted to share my experience.
So, I registered for 4 classes for this semester. What was I thinking right? Well, I have been wanting to go back for a while, but the timing just hasn't been right. Now that Kaydence is a year old, Adam will manage just fine for the hours that I need to be in class. Which isn't that many. I'm taking two on campus and two hybrid classes. So a full schedule, but only part time away from the family. I am so excited. I am a college student again!!! Crazy, I know. I am so nervous, I mean, what if I can't keep up with everything? It's going to be an adjustment, I'll have to have some alone time for studying and homework, but I can't wait to start. I start a week from today. OMG, one week from today, at this time, I will be coming home from my first day at college!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

April said...

That is amazing!! You did fantastic. I am sure you will do amazing with your classes. Way to go!!

Heather said...

OMG Beka thats so freaking awesome! About everything! I am so happy your going to college! And how awesome is that about the 8? Too cool. You know your totally gonna scrapbook that result. lol

Shelly M. said...

Wow Beka! I am so excited for you. You are going to do awesome. Can I just say that I am a little bit jealous. ;-)

Muggle Mom said...

that is so awesome!!!!! you rock girl! i'm so impressed that you are going back to school. i know you'll do great! :)

Wendy said...

I am so proud of you!!! That is awesome! I would love to go back to college!!!You will do just fine! :)